Top 10 World Cup Moments So Far 06/19/2010
For those who were complaining about lack of emotion, here it is. A second round full of emotion as I had imagined in this post. Maybe the net wasn't hit by the ball as many times as we would like to see, but, the World Cup is not only about a ball and the net. This first week was marked by historical moments that will stay forever on people's minds all around the World. Here are my top 10 moments of this World Cup so far:
10. Robert Green, England's goalie wrote his name onto the list of blundering England goalkeepers, after his gaffe in the game between England x USA
09. The noisiest World Cup ever, thanks to vuvuzelas
08. France was losing the game against Mexico, and Thierry Henry who is one of the best strikers in the world, sits on the bench. (can someone explain why, please?)
07. Drogba entering in the second half of the match, 11 days after he had his arm broken.
06. Serbia team listening their anthem as an independent country for the very first time in a World Cup
05. Slovenia won their first match in the history of World Cups (Algeria 0-1 Slovenia)
04. Greece scored and won for the very first time in the history of World Cups (Nigeria 1-2 Greece)
03. Switzerland celebration after beating Spain (Nothing against Spain, but it was an incredible emotion for the swiss)
02. The striker Jong Tae Se crying during the execution of the North Korean anthem
01. The photo of a North Korean fan holding a sign which says: "Forget politics for 90 mins".
And what are your top 10 moments of this World Cup so far?